Consumers have changed the way they shop! This probably comes as no surprise to you - most consumers do all their research online, at night in their pajamas, during their lunch breaks at work, and various times throughout the day and night. It is an on-demand, mobile world.
Buyers research the products and services they are interested in, narrow down their choices, figure out where to purchase, do their price comparisons, read reviews, and move along the buying process completely alone – often without the help of a salesperson. Our salespeople no longer have the control, nor do they have as much of an influence in the buying process. These same truths apply directly to our industry.
Most dealers are accustomed to consumers doing their research online before they walk in the door to buy, but are we equipped as dealers / media companies, and more importantly as marketers, in providing our dealers or sales reps with the tools they need to generate those quality leads?
Once our clients are ready to buy, they are at the 80% stage of making a purchase – again, without ever talking to anyone. So, what should we do with this real-world information? Change the way we sell!
The traditional sales method is no longer effective in today’s world of online shopping, research, and big data. So, it logically makes natural sense to change the way we sell our products and services. Gone are the days of cold calling, selling features and benefits and the Four P’s of Marketing. The sales conversation is now about Inbound Marketing.
So what exactly does this mean? Here is what you find if you Google the term...
Inbound marketing refers to marketing activities that bring visitors in, rather than marketers having to go out to get prospect's attention. Inbound marketing earns the attention of customers, makes the company easy to be found, and draws customers to the website by producing interesting content. Our new AutoConX.com website is a prime example of our best, ongoing effort to adapt to this change.
Some key tips to remember!
1. It’s all about the data. Live and die by your customer database! Building your customer lists are what makes you money! Effective marketing to your customer base today is about attracting, not just interrupting.
2. Promote the value of quality; local leads to your dealers or sales reps. The leads you generate from your Inbound Marketing, combined with your AutoConX platform or website, have immense, long term value.
3. Use social media to connect and communicate with your existing clients – but spend the time where you get measured traction. Tools like HubSpot and Lead tracking channels as measured in the AutoConX Automotive Vertical platform will tell you where your time and money is best spent in getting more leads.
4. Focus on measurable metrics specifically Lead generation! The buck stops here for all of us.
5. Use Inbound Marketing tools. There are many products out there for you to choose from. AutoConX Systems uses HubSpot for all of it’s marketing needs: from tracking our potential customers activity on our website, through to recognizing the buying signals based on the topics our customers are researching through blogs, emails, landing pages and videos. We then use that information to provide our clients with specific information to guide them through the sales journey to help them make qualified, educated decisions -turning them into qualified leads and converting these leads into sales!
The traditional sales model has changed, and your biggest challenge may be your own thought process and that of your sales people, and their need to evolve and embrace this change. To find out more about how AutoConX can help you generate qualified, higher value leads for you or your clients, contact us today.